Serving Homeopaths and Homeopathy in BC since 1995
From our inception, the purposes of the West Coast Homeopathic Society have been the following:
- Expand the visibility and recognition of homeopathy through print and electronic formats, as well as public events
- Co-ordinate our public education programming to inform and educate the general public about the benefits of homeopathy
- Facilitate the study of homeopathy through self-study & the Internet, lectures & informal study groups, and formal education
- Provide a directory and referral service of professional members in BC to help the public locate a qualified homeopath in their communities
- Support professional homeopaths in BC, which since 2006 is co-ordinated through affiliation with the Canadian Society of Homeopaths
- Strengthen the sense of community among our members and with members of other homeopathic groups
- Increase the profile of Classical Homeopathy within the alternative health community
- Continue to monitor and respond to developments by governments and other organizations that affect the availability of homeopathic medicines and Classical homeopathic treatment in BC
- Inform members of recent developments in the field of homeopathy and upcoming events and educational opportunities across Canada
West Coast Homeopathic Society is managed entirely by volunteers who are dedicated to advancing the understanding, informed use, and availability of homeopathy in British Columbia. Our members are our greatest asset, working on committees and projects to co-ordinate, prepare, and put into action the many initiatives of the Society. One member in particular is Judy Chorney -- Membership Secretary extraordinaire -- who co-ordinates all our activities, supervises many of our large projects, and promptly handles the dozens of queries that come into the office every week.
An enthusiastic team of volunteers is the life-blood of a non-profit society such as ours, which directs all its revenue towards activities that support our aims and vision for the future of homeopathy. Read MORE about volunteering!
From the very beginning of our Society, the homeopathic business community has provided generous support. As a result, WCHS can offer our members a number of membership benefits, including discounts from individuals, businesses, and organizations. In particular, a select group of pharmacies and natural health outlets provide discounts to our members on all single remedies. See list of Retail Supporters.
Some of these homeopathic businesses and many members have generously donated funds and gifts in support of WCHS Fundraising projects. This additional source of revenue makes it possible for the Society to expand its activities while maintaining affordable membership dues. Read MORE about our fundraising projects!